I'm Creating this more for just myself, to keep ideas and recipes where I will always know how and where to find them; no matter where I am...

I probably won't update very often or possibly even remember I have it after this next week, but I thought it was a good idea so I'm going with it for now.

Your welcome to look, comment and even join in if you would like. I just thought it would be fun if nothing else!

So lets enjoy!

If you want to be actively involved with this blog and share some of your fun ideas let me know. Email me at macijill@hotmail.com and I will add you to the list!

The more the merrier!

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Homemade 3 Musketeers Bars

IMG_9797 fresh color
Source: The Cottage Sisters

Homemade Three Musketeers
4        cups chocolate chips, divided
1        8 ounce tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
2        tablespoons vegetable oil

Line an 8 or 9-inch square pan with wax paper. 
In a medium bowl, melt 2 cups of chocolate chips in the microwave at fifty percent power, or use a double boiler.  Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat melted chocolate for about 30 seconds.  Add whipped topping to melted chocolate and beat until well combined and fluffy, 30-60 seconds more. 
Spread chocolate mixture evenly into prepared pan (if mixture is too stiff, press into pan with lightly dampened hands).
Place in freezer for 30 minutes.  Remove pan from freezer and turn chocolate mixture onto a cutting board; cut into one-inch squares. 
Return squares to freezer for another 15-20 minutes. 
Meanwhile, melt additional 2 cups chocolate chips with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and stir until well combined.  Dip frozen chocolate squares into melted chocolate to coat.  Place on wax paper to put back in the fridge to set.  Keep chocolates in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment