I'm Creating this more for just myself, to keep ideas and recipes where I will always know how and where to find them; no matter where I am...

I probably won't update very often or possibly even remember I have it after this next week, but I thought it was a good idea so I'm going with it for now.

Your welcome to look, comment and even join in if you would like. I just thought it would be fun if nothing else!

So lets enjoy!

If you want to be actively involved with this blog and share some of your fun ideas let me know. Email me at macijill@hotmail.com and I will add you to the list!

The more the merrier!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Reindeer Feed

Ingredients
6 cups Rice Chex® or Chocolate Chex® cereal
1 bag (12 oz) white vanilla baking chips (2 cups)
1/3 cup coarsely crushed peppermint candy canes (14 miniature, unwrapped)


Reindeer Feed


Directions
1. Line cookie sheet with foil or waxed paper. Place cereal in large bowl.

2. In microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips uncovered on High about 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until chips can be stirred smooth. Stir in half the crushed peppermint candy.

3. Pour over cereal; toss to evenly coat. Spread mixture in single layer on cookie sheet. Immediately sprinkle with remaining candy. Let stand until set, about 20 minutes. Gently break up coated cereal. Store in airtight container.

Tip: To make feed bag, cut two 6 1/2 x 5-inch rectangles from a piece of muslin-type fabric. Using a hot glue gun, run a bead of glue on edge of three sides of one rectangle. Top with other rectangle to form pocket. Turn pocket inside-out. Roll down top opened edge to create a cuff.

Check out more fun kid-friendly recipes at BettyCrocker.com

No comments:

Post a Comment