I'm Creating this more for just myself, to keep ideas and recipes where I will always know how and where to find them; no matter where I am...

I probably won't update very often or possibly even remember I have it after this next week, but I thought it was a good idea so I'm going with it for now.

Your welcome to look, comment and even join in if you would like. I just thought it would be fun if nothing else!

So lets enjoy!

If you want to be actively involved with this blog and share some of your fun ideas let me know. Email me at macijill@hotmail.com and I will add you to the list!

The more the merrier!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Eclair Cake

oH sO yUmMy!!! and so easy... Found over at The Country Cook

 
















Eclair Cake

Ingredients:

½ (8 oz.) container of Cool Whip
1 ½ cups of milk
1 package of graham cracker squares
1/2 tub of chocolate frosting


Directions:
In a medium bowl, mix together the pudding mix, milk and Cool Whip. In an 8x8 dish, arrange a single layer of graham cracker squares on the bottom.  You may have to break them up a bit to get enough crackers to cover the bottom of your dish.  It doesn’t have to be pretty or perfect.
Spread half of the pudding mixture on top of the crackers.  Layer another layer of graham crackers over the pudding mixture.  Then layer the other half of the pudding mixture on top of crackers.  Top with a final layer of graham crackers.
Put plastic wrap over dish and put in fridge for about 30 min to an hour to allow pudding to set.
When pudding has set up, put the tub of chocolate frosting in the microwave for about 30 seconds to soften (remove lid and aluminum foil top before microwaving).  Take out and stir frosting.  It should be easily spreadable now.
Remove plastic wrap from dish and evenly spread chocolate frosting all over the top layer of graham crackers. Place plastic wrap over top of dish and put back in fridge.  Now, forget about this dessert until tomorrow.  This dessert gets better over time.  The graham crackers need time to soften up.
When ready to serve, slice in squares and enjoy cold!


Cook’s Note: This dessert does not take long to prepare but it definitely needs time to set up.  Make this the night before you actually need to serve it.  Also, I really love making this with banana pudding instead of vanilla – so good! Also, I am told this is delicious using chocolate graham crackers and white chocolate pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment